Polaris Upgrade to 7.0 on December 8, 2021
On Wednesday, December 8 at 9:30pm, Innovative will upgrade our production database to Polaris 7.0. While the upgrade work is being performed, the production database will be unavailable to patrons and staff, including:
- Staff client
- Simply Reports
- SIP and API-connected tools
The upgrade should take approximately 2-3 hours to complete. CCS staff will email system-status on Thursday morning (December 9) before libraries open confirming the upgrade has successfully completed. At that time, CCS staff will work to replace custom PAC text that may be impacted by the upgrade. We anticipate that all custom PAC language and elements will be reinstated prior to 12pm on Thursday, December 9.
How to Prepare
- Request an Alert Banner. Open a help desk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request an alert banner for your library's PowerPAC informing patrons of the maintenance downtime. (Patrons will be unable to access or view the PAC during the upgrade downtime).
- Review New Documentation and Attend a Training Session. See below for new documentation and upcoming 7.0-related training opportunities!
- Be Prepared to Update Your Local Offline Application. CCS will send an email to the IT and Circulation listservs on December 9 when the 7.0 local offline files are ready to download. Instructions for downloading the updated files will be included in the email and can also be located here. (Updated offline instructions for 7.0 will be posted closer to the upgrade date.)
Training sessions are held online via Zoom. Register via L2. All sessions will be recorded and posted online for those who are not able to attend live.
- CCS Cataloging in Leap v. 7.0 (December 1, 2021; 10:00am - 11:00am) This webinar will provide an overview of the cataloging features that are available in Leap with the Polaris 7.0 update. An overview of a cataloging workflow for working in Leap while some features are still missing will be explained. The features that will be demonstrated include: importing records with MARC Import, creating and editing bibliographic records, creating and editing item records, and withdrawing item records. Click here to register.
- Bite-Size Webinar: Bulk Updating Item Due Dates in Leap (December 2, 2021; 10:00am - 10:30am) Join CCS in this short, focused webinar to learn about a new Polaris version 7.0 feature: bulk updating item due dates in Leap using record sets! This webinar is geared towards circulation managers and staff who perform item bulk updates. Click here to register.
- Bulk Changes in Leap (December 7, 2021; 10:00am - 11:00am) This webinar will review the item and bibliographic bulk change capabilities of Leap. This will include bulk changes that are useful to cataloging and acquisitions staff. Attendees can submit requests for specific bulk changes to demonstrate by emailing email@example.com. Click here to register.
New or updated documentation will be linked here when available.
- Read about all the new features Innovative's What's New in 7.0 guide
- For Technical Services staff (new videos and handouts can also be found under How To > Software -Leap)
The following are possible or confirmed ILS bugs reported by member libraries.
|Bulk reset due date slowness: the bulk reset due date feature in training Leap takes a significantly long time to complete and will dramatically slow/freeze the user's Leap site.||CCS will test and update post-upgrade|